Time and Mother Nature are not always on our side. For many reasons, your patio or walkway may require repairs. Here are the steps that should be employed to repair your patio or walkway soundly:
- Photograph all affected pavers before removing.
- Carefully lift up affected pavers and stack on pallets in the same pattern that they have been laid on your patio or walkway.
- Re-condition a new 4" base by installing additional polymer-infused crushed aggregate.
- Compress aggregate with a vibrating tamping machine.
- Install 1/4” of fine stone screenings and smooth to level to complete the base for the pavers.
- Re-install pavers exactly as they previously existed.
- Apply premium polymeric joint sand in the gap between the pavers.
If you are not up to doing your own repairs then you need to take care in selecting the correct licensed installer. Licensed is important, as the State of New Jersey requires all home improvement contractors to carry substantial liability and workers compensation insurance to obtain a license. If someone is injured on your property, you want to know the contractor can take care of his employee so you avoid becoming liable yourself. When choosing a contractor, ask for proof of their H.I.C. License, pictures of their previous work and take the time to read customer reviews on sites such as Google, Yelp and Angie's List.
At the end of your due diligence, we are sure you will find Princeton Lawn & Landscapes is your best option. Take a look at our gallery to see our hardscaping work in Princeton, Skillman and surrounding areas!